Meet the Team"A good physician treats the disease, a great physician treats the patient." - William Osler
Pronunciation: “Nay-haa Rich – Gerg”
Education and Training
- Medical School: All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi, India, Certified by Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (MD)
- Residency: Jacobi Medical Center (Albert Einstein College of Medicine), Bronx, NY, Certified by American Board of Internal Medicine and Medical Sub-specialties.
- Rheumatology Fellowship: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR, Certified by American Board of Internal Medicine and Medical Sub-specialties.
- Musculoskeletal Ultrasound, Ultrasound School of North American Rheumatologists (USSONAR), Certified by American College of Rheumatology (RhMSUS)
- 2015 to date: Northwest Rheumatology Associates
- 2012 to 2015: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- 2013 to 2014: Clinical & Research Instructor, Division of Arthritis & Rheumatic Diseases: Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, OR
- 2015 to present: NW Rheumatology Associates, Portland, OR
I believe in open communication between the doctor and patient to achieve the best possible outcomes. Apart from utilizing the most up-to-date evidence behind recommending a treatment, I am committed to helping my patients understand various forms of arthritis, connective tissue and autoimmune diseases. The most important aspect of treatment is to work together to arrive at a plan that is acceptable, safe and effective.
I am happily married to my partner, and love sharing my life with my two spoiled dogs – Skye and Scout. When not working, I enjoy outdoor activities such as gardening, hiking, kayaking, cooking and spending time with my family.